In this crazy world, we all get side tracked, some more easily than others. And I am definitely a very easy side tracker. Sometimes after months of awesomeness in my life, an unknown variable comes, shocks my world and the next thing I know I'm in a bathtub covered in pizza, malt liquor, Parliament menthol lights, watching reruns of Overboard and Pretty Woman. Well, while it is fun to indulge in a dramatic spiral out of control, it is really important to set up a daily routine so this does not happen. A daily routine gives you a good base to begin your day with. It gives you a fighting chance. So here is my list, some of which you have read in previous posts but here is nice tidy collection for quick reference:
1. DO NOT TOUCH THAT DAMN PHONE UPON WAKING UP
-The morning is magical. That's where you get to begin all over again. It's just you and pure, quiet, raw energy. Do not screw that up with texts, Facebook, Twitter, emails, or any external force.
2. SHIFT YOUR VIBRATION
- Gratitude! Love! Joy! Think of things in your life that really touched your soul and lead the day with that. That's how you begin a day, as a big ol' puddle of gushy, mushy love and light.
- Meditate, meditate, meditate. We've all read the health benefits and they are great! But honestly, the reason I began doing it was because I never really had a chance to be with just me. Just checking in with the big guy. 10-30 minutes where it's just me and silence or in some cases, me and my unending thoughts. But that's still you being with you. Just don't get caught up in the thoughts. Let them flow like waves out of your head.
4. SET YOUR INTENTION FOR THE DAY
- What do you want out of the day? Claim it! Say what you want, not what you don't want. You are a beast, now be one through intention.
5. BREATHE AND DRINK WATER
- Get all that stale air out. Energize that blood stream. Let your body live again. Feed it water and air. First thing in the morning. Purity is the key.
-Even if it's you sitting on the side of your bed and stretching your arms to the ceiling. STRETCH. Rotate those hips, lengthen those hammies, expand you back. But STRETCH!
- It could be a big beefy Arnold Schwarzenegger workout, or a 10 push ups/sit ups/squats workout, or simply breaking a sweat by climbing your stairs a few times. Workout.
8. BELLY LAUGH
- That's right, take your hands, place them on your belly, smile and then laugh, from your belly. Gently force it if you have to. I for one can't laugh freely until I've had some forced laughter. Our belly is where we hold so much tension and sometimes we need to get it loosened up for the day. Once it's loose, you will feel light and have a much more free day. This one is my favorite.
9. DROP THE JUDGMENT
- Before we've even left the door we've judged the day, our life, our family and the big boy, ourselves. NO JUDGMENT. When you start to worry and judgment pours in, quietly breathe, and say, "Right now is my time, I'll let the ilks of society catch up with me later, but not now, gracias."
10. EXPERIENCE THE HELL OUT OF LIFE
- As I've said so many times before, we miss out on all the fun in this life. We forget that this is just a series of experiences. You're allowed to feel emotions. You're allowed to have fun. You're allowed to create your own reality. The key is simply, YOU'RE ALLOWED. And an experience doesn't have to be "huge" to have an impact. It could be as simple as kissing a loved one goodbye, laughing with your child, smelling the world, or giving money to a person in need. Just experience.
Ok, those are my Rules. They are BIG!!! They help me a lot. I do them everyday. There are days where I don't want to do them. There are days where I curse the heavens because of them. Some days I love the crap out of life and other days I want the world to burn but in the end it's my life. It's my choice and I get to decide what happens.
Life really is as simple as love and experience. Pretty cool when you think about it. What a ride!
- If you like all this wackiness, please share. You can be added to the morning mailing list HERE.